Perceptive Creation - Film, TV and Stage projects
Perceptive Creation is the
development, production and publication organisation of
A priority of this site is to provide qualified individuals access to appropriate documents for the forth-coming feature film
- as well as recent short films produced– one now on sale (“Walking Shadow”) and entering Festivals, one being edited (“Murder Plot”) and two possible third scripts being worked on (“The Job” and “Rustling Foliage”).
- And there is a dedicated Facebook page for this film: www.facebook.com/walkingshadow
The site also offers information on:
- Screen drama projects looking for commissions and coproductions (more detailed information: by request for qualified viewers)
- Screen drama and factual productions completed, with ways of obtaining copies
- Available stage plays, published and yet to be published. Free download reading copies.
- Other "productions" and business opportunities such as:
- The Flying Computer software. Business opportunity to convert successful Casio Basic software to modern standards and resell to general and leisure aviation buyers.
- "The Art of Cool-Climate Vinegrowing" and "Winemaking", nearly 5 hours of generic training videos, which have sold steadily over many years (only a few NTSC VHS left). The rights to develop, reformat and resell this material are available to an appropriate person or company. Also existing edit for DVD transfer.
Now also available as an ebook for Kindle and other readers - through Amazon and Smashwords.
- Michael Barry's CVs, (offering his show-reel - TV/film or radio - on request to qualified individuals).
Press endorsements also.
- An archive of the web-site of the Wessex Actors Company (1993-2006), founded and run by Michael for 5 counties in the SW of England. Also remaining assets are for sale (eg lighting, sound, staging)
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Some current projects:
- “Murder Plot” – another short film, produced and directed by Michael Barry, scripted by Matthew O’Sullivan. Shot – post-production pending
- “The Sexual Man” - a major internet publishing venture (45 week course, available free) covering all aspects of male health. Free report on cutting-edge psychological research into male-female interaction.
- “Discovering Movies” - a book proposal for the general public for a readable summary of film history, production and critical theory, with DVD illustrations. Copy of proposal available to publishers by email or post on request.
Also on its way “The No-nonsense Guide to Making Your Short Film”.
- “The 2008 Nether Stowey May Festival” - Michael originator and producer of a comprehensive interactive 4 DVD set covering an action-packed 4 days celebrating the village's epic May Festival and 10th anniversary of its Twinning association with Theillay, near Orleans in France. 27 stories, 6 1/2 hrs R/T. ON SALE NOW - final copies only while stocks last.
- “No Way Back” - European co-production feature film based on Italian best-seller by Enrico Palandri. UK partner sought to join Swiss/ Italian/ French partners. Experienced script-writer, and Academy-Award winning director attached. Michael Barry acting as Associate Producer helping bring package together. Contact me to express interest.
- “The Palestrina Affair” – Thriller-drama. Low-budget indie movie. Script, sales brochure, business plan all available. Lead co-producer sought.
- “The Balance of Mind” - after considerable development available in full-length form. Also radio drama version available. Premiere sought prior to publication.
A London nurse, also an activist and poet, recovering from romantic betrayal, finds herself thrown head-first into agri-politics, a livestock crisis and ancient West of England mysticism. 6 cast, composite set. Developed through Taunton Brewhouse and Writernet New Writing initiative. (DVD available on request of Scratch Night Oct 2007)
- “Love Letters” - full-length stage play, very successful adaptation of Thomas Hardy’s enduring romantic drama, “On the Western Circuit”. Toured to considerable acclaim by The Wessex Actors Company in 1999 in Wessex region. Published and represented by New Theatre Publications - click here
- “Burning Passions” - full-length stage play, original title "Dead Woman's Ditch". Toured to considerable acclaim by The Wessex Actors Company in 2001 in Wessex region. Published and represented by New Theatre Publications - click here
- 5 other plays published by New Theatre Publications - inc "Tom Jones", "Passion and the Revolutionary" (1 act Hardy adaptation) and "Tess of the D'Urbervilles" (MB editor - and sole director, twice, since Hardy - of Hardy's own dramatisation). Plus "The Indiscretion of an Heiress" (full-length play, cast of 3), another tried and tested Hardy adaptation + "The Warden", a full-length Trollope adaptation + (yet to be published) "A Love Beyond Time", a one-act romantic comedy with a difference.